By: Grace Fuller, Southern Femme Intern
Every year we look forward to one of fashion’s biggest nights out: The CFDA Awards. The Council of Fashion Designers of America hosts this awards ceremony every year to spotlight the major contributors and advancements in the fashion industry. This year’s attendees kept it simple but stunning on the red carpet. Let’s take a look at some of our favorite looks from the star studded event.
- Kerry Washington turned heads in this bright yellow Jason Wu gown, and topped it off with some fabulous Monique Pén jewels and a Lanvin clutch.
- Nicole Richie made our best dressed list in this totally glamorous Marc Jacobs dress, Jennifer Meyer jewels, and a Christian Louboutin clutch. The simple gown with minimal jewelry, paired with a slicked back bun and a dramatic red lip reminds us that less is more!
- Joan Smalls was also a knock out in this white Givenchy number. The simple, yet very elegant dress is complimented by a gorgeous statement necklace on top.
- Another example of a stunner in white? Alessandra Ambrosio in Kaufmanfranco, with Vhernier jewels. Look at that open back! Can you say fab?
- Last, but certainly not least, Olivia Palermo made a bold statement in this Dennis Basso dress complete with a fantastic fringed skirt, and a Sergio Rossi clutch.
Who were your best dressed of the CFDA Awards?
Pictures courtesy of style.com