I’m not fickle by nature; however, what I love does seem to vary with the seasons and that’s only natural. Different times of year feel and sound different; it inspires new and wonderful things. These items are not only some of my favorite things. They also comprise almost the entirety (75%) of my possible conversation topics right now. They are things I love and recommend without hesitation, whether you’re looking for a new beauty product, reading suggestions, or music to soundtrack your life with, enjoy! –Laura
1. #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso- It combines all of my favorite things: fashion, reading, inspirational (at times humorous) stories, and what it means to create and be successful on your own terms.
2. Guerlain Meteorites- To paraphrase Calvin Klein, “The most beautiful thing is to be natural, but it takes makeup to be natural.” This product leaves my skin feeling Beyonce flawless, glowing, and natural.
3. Laura Mercier Ambre Vanilla hand creme- One of my all time time favorite products: It leaves my hands feeling soft and smells amazing!
4. Jeffrey Campbell “In Love” Jelly D’Orsay Flats’- Grown up jellies for my 5 year old self, who would have been every bit as obsessed with these as I am today.
5. Pearl 360 Studs- A fun twist on a classic. I love unexpected detailing in jewelry, especially with something as classic as pearls.
6. Keep Shopping App- With a universal shopping cart, shopping the internet has never been easier!
7. Marie Antoinette- A brilliant film by Sophia Coppola. This film lives in the space created by my love for all things French and my desire to throw the perfect summer soiree.
8. Cosabella Bralettes- A comfortable and edgier version of the sports bra, only it’s not for exercise.
9. Polaroid Camera– Even though everyone can take pictures with their phone, I still love having tangible photographs. My sister and I purchased a Polaroid camera a few years back and it’s traveled the globe with us!
10. Lana Del Ray ‘Ulterviolence’- This album is the perfect summation to the end of summer. Her song “West Coast” sounds the way the end of summer feels.