We’ve all been there before.… holiday parties, family gatherings, last minute invites. It’s that time of year! You know it’s coming, but you don’t prepare ahead. It’s the day before your friend’s New Year’s Eve party, and you’re in a panic because you don’t feel confident in your outfit. It’s the worst! And I’m not exaggerating.
Can you feel your anxiety creep up when you think on a time when you attended an event not feeling comfortable in what you were wearing? My heart is beating faster and my palms getting clammy just thinking about it! Something about it doesn’t suit you — maybe it’s the style, the fit, but either way, you’re not rocking it like you wanted. This can actually take away from being in the moment, and don’t we all need a lesson on that anyways? (Hey, I’m talking to you! You were browsing Instagram while reading this, right? Kidding!).
I have a created a Holiday Checklist so that you’re prepared to enter the season on the right, stylish foot! Is this necessary? I can hear you now, “Megan, this is a bit overkill!” Well, you decide… Do you want to look and feel your best for all the fun festivities ahead, then keep reading!
- Cleanse your closet of any items no longer serving you. Donate and consign the items ASAP to keep them from sneaking back into your closet.
- During your closet cleanse make a shopping list of items that you need to replace, are missing from your wardrobe, or that you may need for your upcoming holiday events.
- Shop the sales! Fall and pre-holiday sales are a plenty so take advantage of good deals on the items you need for your wardrobe. Don’t go shopping without your list to keep you focused and on track. Also, don’t purchase just because it’s on sale — keep in mind your body type, your style & your overall needs.
- Before you buy anything make sure you can wear the item 3 ways. One of those 3 ways needs to serve you during the holidays, whether it be for a casual family gathering, a work holiday party, a New Year’s Eve celebration, or holiday shopping and errand running.
- Carve out a little bit of time before the craziness of the holidays kicks in to make outfits with your new and old pieces. Use your calendar as a guide when making outfits to ensure you have ready to go outfits for all of your events, and to show you any remaining holes in your wardrobe. Snap pictures of your outfits for quick and easy reference.
- Have fun with it! Since you are preparing ahead, you now have the time to think outside the box and experiment with styles that you’ve been wanting to try.
Need more to enter the new season with confidence? I may just have you covered! On the Style Yourself Chic Society, I have created a very detailed checklist to follow. Curious to know what’s inside?
In this guide, you’ll find:
1. A timeline of wardrobe check points for the months of November, December and January - this timeline provides tips that will help you enter each month and the holiday season with confidence in your outfits and ways to be prepared for all occasions during the winter months! You’ll have access to all of my expert tips that my VIP clients and I use to keep our wardrobes streamlined, and our outfits effortlessly chic!
2. Ways to be a smarter shopper, and don’t we all need this advice during the holidays?!
3. Once you are a member of the Society, you will get new weekly content including holiday outfit ideas specific to YOUR body type that are already shopped for you!
Learn more about this stylish community and program HERE. I’d love to see you there!